Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Easy food at True Food

I dragged mom to another restaurant in ritzy Newport Beach. True Food Kitchen serves gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, and regular fare. I expected the place to resemble Native Foods, but I was definitely wrong.

I felt like I entered a TV show restaurant. Why? Lots of waiter service here. On their off-time, they all rolled silverware. Gorgeous and modern space and lots of it. The bathrooms were quite fancy and everyone shared sinks.



Pricey, but I was tempted by their salads. I don't usually go for salads at restaurants. I feel like they're rip-offs, but they have yummy add-ins like butternut squash, jicama, walnuts, etcetera. I tried the harvest chopped with butternut squash, apples, pomegranate seeds, walnut, and goat cheese. It was a very hearty salad.

Mom got the ahi sliders. Well, actually they split it up for us. The bread was healthy with all the grains in it and delicious. Just enough for us. The sliders were okay.



I want to go back and try their pizzas. As one of the waitresses finished serving a pizza, she told another server she wanted one later. That's a sign it must be good right?

Their cocktails all sounded delicious and I kept the menu to stare, but I didn't end up getting any. Sadly their desserts weren't as tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment