Friday, July 15, 2011

Yearning to bake: sweet links

My recent interest in coconut encompassed in chocolate coconut bars and now I want some little tart molds.


I'm in love with banana soft serve (just a banana) and would love to try frozen coconut goodness.


Bubble tea was popular years ago. There are few cafes that serve them now - most became yogurt distributors and now that fad has died down. I prefer yogurt, which is more edible, over bubble tea, but first, this brown sugar coconut bubble tea has coconut, and secondly, it's like a granita.


I love PB & J's and if I could ever make a proper pound cake not a Sara Lee one (good though!), I'd be right on top of a Fried PB&J Poundcake Sandwich.


Pound cake recipes that might fare better than ones before:

Brickle Pound Cake with toffee, walnuts, and cinnamon


I've made Babycakes' apple-cinnamon toastie before and it is delicious. Besides the blueberry muffin, this is the only other Babycakes recipe that hit the spot.


Other classics I can never resist making:

Cinnamon chocolate chip banana bread sounds just like my favorite recipe from Orangette


Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies


I haven't made cookies in awhile for lack of interest. I don't even make chocolate-colored cookies, but chocolate salted caramel cookies look fantastic.


I don't do a lot of breads either. I'd love to if I was patient enough: chocolate filled buns reminiscent of pain au chocolate.


Till I get a place to bake, I can settle for something like a PB & Chocolate Bread Pudding Bonanza that sounds good for me too.


Or, a chocolate PB mug cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment