Friday, July 1, 2011

Sexy back

Morning workout: 30 minutes upright bike in my short shorts followed by boot camp without Sarah. I dressed up just for her too in my "Can't Touch This" t-shirt and hot shorts. I also wrote her a card. I hope I'll see her before so I can get it to her. It's not too sappy as the other card I wrote. :/

Alan taught the class and also did a circuit. It wasn't as hard today though.
  • Cardio - whatever you want for 60 seconds. I did mountain climbers, jumping jacks, and sprinted back and forth.
  • Balance with the flat side of the Bosu ball on top
  • Bosu ball side crunches
  • Sit-ups on stability ball, then changed to back extension on stability ball
  • Bosu ball side crunches on the other side
  • squats and lunges with the bar, then bicep curls and bicep rows
  • chest press on stability ball, then tricep kickbacks or pullovers on the ball
Move of the day: back extension on stability ball


(image from Women's Health)

This is my favorite back workout. It gets my bottom (glutes) as well as my lower back.



We use our core for everything and I have a weak core. When I work abs, my lower back hurts. I suck it in when I do abs as much as I can, but it's always hard when you've got some belly going on there to suck it all in.

The only other one I use often because I don't have equipment is the superman, which is okay, but this one is... well, easier maybe to hold.



With the superman, I hold my arms and legs in the air. Here I get to have my feet and legs on the ground to hold myself up.

More for your back:

No comments:

Post a Comment