Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Busing it to Downtown Fullerton

The most disgusting place I've ever seen: Valencia in Fullerton.

I took the bus again and headed to Downtown Fullerton. First, the farmer's market on Wednesdays so I got off before I hit downtown. I walked a mile down Valencia and it was the grossest street I've ever seen. No joke. There was a mattress with the covers on thrown on the sidewalk and random tidbits like a book. I was afraid. Strangely, in the midst of it were three "Desperate Housewives" type of homes. They weren't even separate from the other homes and once I passed the three houses, it was back to the same old.

The farmer's market wasn't too shabby. It consisted of maybe 20 vendors. I quickly hightailed it out of there to downtown and still was pretty disappointed. Most of the buildings were dilapidated. It's only the central part of downtown that has much.

I went early so not much was open yet. I found the Tranquil Tea Lounge and loved it so much. The space is modern and well, tranquil and spacey.

They had a $5 special before 11 for tea and a scone. I got the Geisha's Kiss, a green tea with lychee, strawberry pieces, jasmine, and rose petals. For the scone, I went with the passion fruit peach even though Yelpers say white chocolate lavender.


The scone and tea were delicious. I only ate less than half the scone though.

Next door is the Rialto Cafe, which I want to go to next time since I wasn't quite hungry enough for a decadent meal.*




I love that they use Scrabble letters! *Jen Disney wrote a little about it and other places in the area so I'm excited to read more for local finds.

I headed to the Villa del Sol shopping center with its little courtyard and British Grocer.


My last stops were to their vintage shops and Buffalo Exchange. I spent a good amount of time at the latter and bought one shirt while trying on several outfits including a very 70s dress (wish I would've taken a pic).

I also hit up Out of Vogue, which is the main reason I'd made the trek to Fullerton in the first place. So pretty, but no price tags... like I could afford any of it though.



Next time: Rialto Cafe & Pieology

No comments:

Post a Comment