Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In addition to playing, you gotta eat in L.A.

On Sunday, I went to both the Eat Real Festival and Renegade Craft Fair.

In between, I got hungry and didn't find anything too appealing over at the Fest. We went to Umami Burger in Santa Monica because it's the one with a better menu. It took forever to find. The only marking is their logo:


Maybe if I knew Fred Segal was a boutique with various stores and not its own store. Who knew?

I ordered the Greenbird: turkey with avocado, sprouts, green cheese, etcetera. Oh, it is worth the drive and the hype is true. I had half for lunch and the other half for dinner.


They had Cake Monkey Bakery cakewiches on hand. Oh they were so pretty wrapped in foil. So old school. Ding dongs are wrapped in foil right? Here's a picture of what they looked like inside.



Since we were there, we stopped by Vanilla Bake Shop, featured on Martha Stewart. They didn't have Meyer lemon but had lots of minis. I got 3 for $5: chocolate vanilla bean, blackberry passion fruit, and red velvet . All of them were fantastic, seriously.


Their cake shots looked really good also.

After the Renegade Craft Festival, we had to go over to BabyCakes. They're my fave and I wanted a waffle (new!).

Since parking was unavailable, I went with pre-made quarters. I didn't need a whole one anyways, but next time, I want a fresh one. The pre-made one was okay.

It's a cupcakery so I had to get a specialty cupcake for the first time. I loved their red velvet, the only one I've tried. I got the lemon coconut cream cupcake and WASN'T in love with it. :( It was dry.

My favorite for the day was the jalapeno corn bread. All their loaves are delicious by the way.


I'm working on eating my way through all of their goodies. Thus far, love the donuts, love the biscuits (I wanted one so bad), and enjoyed their cookies. The cupcakes are a toss-up: red velvet was good, but I didn't like the lemon coconut cream. I wasn't a fan of the skinny buns (so sad!) nor did I like the brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment