Thursday, July 21, 2011

1st EVER Thursday Trek with Cousin Chris

I definitely needed Fitnessista's post on motivation today.

I wanted fresh air so mom and I walked 4 miles at the park within 1.5 hours. Mom cheated, but I walked it all.


Afterwards, we went to Costco. I got canned salmon and Fage yogurt. Then we spent some time at family's.

Next up, my cousin Chris and I went out and about. First we headed to the beach. We decided on Thai Gulf for dinner. The wait was long and the place is tiny. We basically ate with the people next to us. Chris went to get cash because it's cash only - oops.

Free Thai tea, which I drank a little to try, and green tea ice cream after!

We each got the dinner special with soup, salad, gyoza/fried dumplings, and an egg roll apiece. He got pad thai with chicken and I got sweet and sour chicken with pineapple. The pad thai was amazing and thankfully, he gave me a few bites. I ate my chicken without the rice of course. It wasn't what either of us thought I had ordered, but it was healthier than what I thought - battered chicken. They must know me well.

Chris and I have decided that since it all went so well, we're going to do a cousin day on Thursdays. I want to name it, but we have no idea what to name our Thursday foodie/fun excursions. He would like to add the word "trek" so how about Thursday Treks with Cousin Chris? Yeah, I don't know.

I have to head to bed so I can wake up early for some heart-pumpin' exercisin'.

Today's buys: I'm thinking about trying different Greek yogurts. I got Chobani Lemon & new Atheno's Greek strained nonfat yogurt with blueberries. Chris said the latter was bland, but he doesn't know what Greek yogurt's all about. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment