Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Testing the waters

Recent workouts:

Yesterday, I tried step at a new 24 Hour club. I've never liked it unless my favorite instructor teaches it. The instructor had lots of fancy moves that I couldn't get. She suggested I only use one riser, which I considered a bad idea since I definitely felt in a slump rather than energetic.

I expected the next class, 24 S.E.T. to be 24 Hour brand of BodyPump or the Rush's Power. However, I think those are similar. On the other hand, S.E.T. involves both strength with the bar and hand weights and cardio with the step as well as football runs. I'm not sure how much I liked it, but I'll try it again. I did quick "research" on the club's website.

Strength endurance training (S.E.T) is a cardio/strength combination class that alternates strength training exercises with step cardio training to sculpt every major muscle group. Try 24 S.E.T. for a truly balanced workout that will get your heart pumping.

The last class of the day was yoga, and boy was it tough. I was fuzzy (the lighting?) throughout all the classes so maybe it wasn't too bad. I could tell I hadn't had a good stretch since last Wednesday, but it felt so good.

Today, I went to Turbo Kick at the same club as yesterday. The instructor couldn't remember the round. That may explain fewer participants, or it's in a bigger studio than the other club. A few of us knew the round okay and so I made it through. I felt pretty confident with my oomph. In the other two Turbo classes, I've felt at a loss surrounded by people like me - super excited. I also loved that I had room to move. This is a great way to get in Turbo Kick, a good sweat, and take a little "break" from full-on Turbo.

Pilates was up next. I've taken quite a bit of yoga but not many Pilates classes. It's more active on the whole and worked my thighs and stomach quite a bit. I walked away with my quads in pain, the good kind.

Now for the eats:

I attempted Elana's Pantry gluten-free and vegan chocolate chip cookie with almond flour and added some chopped dates.


After my workout yesterday, I had a big salad from Whole Foods because my salad leftovers from my birthday were done for. I got a little side of noodles.


But I stumbled upon some 0-cal shirataki noodles similar to Miracle Noodles so hopefully I can satisfy my noodle craving in that way.


For dinner, I had a mix of food: mackerel my aunt put in the slow cooker so the bones were edible, spinach, and then a fiber tortilla filled with Greek yogurt.

Today, I started off with the same meal I had for dinner. I felt kind of sick after that. Might have been the motion sickness.

That didn't stop me from Tomgirl Baking Company to nab some minis to share with my mom: madeleine (I can't pronounce it), raspberry macaron, coconut macaroon, and red velvet cupcake. All of it was okay, but I'll give props to the macaron. I forgot what I had written down to try: the Florentine bar. Next time.


They did have gorgeous cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment