Thursday, July 28, 2011

Loca for local food, shopping, events, & sunshine

Morning started late.

I headed to the farmer's market on the Orange County fairgrounds. They're open Thursdays before the fair is open. We bought avocados and peaches.


Next up, we tried some clothes on at Buffalo Exchange at the LAB. It was a disappointment. :/ Thankfully I stopped by for coffee over at The Gypsy Den to keep me going.

The LAB is a place I'd enjoy, but I'm more partial to the CAMP. They're both alternatives to the big box South Coast Plaza, but the CAMP is my earthy and simplicity to the jumble of the LAB.

I love Costa Mesa for its shopping as well as Japanese stores. A grocery store takes up most of the room in the buildings of Mitsuwa and Marukai, but at least Mitsuwa has other little shops and an awesome food court within the store. Japanese food-to-gos have the best fake food displays. I got some T-Toast from Mammoth Bakery in Marukai. It's buttery toast filled with blueberry jam. I had a nibble and saved the rest for my little cousin.


When we finally got home, I had a salmon, avocado, and goat cheese quesadilla. Or as much as a quesadilla as I'll eat.


I took my afternoon nap then I went for a 4+ mile walk around Mile Square Park. They were having a free concert and tons of families came.


I say 4 "plus" because I accidentally walked into the golf course area and had to backtrack to even get out. :/


It was dark by the time I finally finished my walk.

Dinner was salmon and avocado over kale with some green beans. Delish.


I ended it with some kettle corn popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment