Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Old Towne Tustin: lots of walking & some BodyPump

The last time I rode the bus was freshman year in college, about 5 1/2 years ago.

I took the bus again today and found out how close things are and how easy it is to ride a bus. I was definitely the only non-Hispanic person on the bus, which I texted my roommate because it reminded me of him.

I headed out to Old Towne Tustin.

They have separate bike lanes that aren't one the road - then I would bike because I wouldn't be afraid of getting hit. By the way, pedestrians are prohibited.


I didn't have to stop and smell the roses. They kind of just smacked me in the face.


First stop, Cream Pan to see their offerings. I had a half tortilla with 1/3 apple and goat cheese, but I couldn't resist coffee over at Freesoulcaffe, and while I was there, I got their recommended peanut butter torte. Oh my goodness, this was the best thing I ever ate. Maybe. While the coffee was just okay.


What Freesoulcaffe lacked, I found at Kean Coffee. I went to the one in Newport Beach and got their Turkish latte. Here I got their Caffe Napoli and it was amazing - just look at it.


Yeah, I also got a Blackmarket Bakery cinnamon roll to try. I had a couple bites of this one too. This wasn't as good as the PB torte of course, but it wasn't great overall.

I went by a some low carb store called Miss. Bobbie's Low Carb Shoppe & Cafe. They had PB2 but I had no cash for it. Oh well, I still have lots of real PB to consume.

I needed real food so I went by Rutabegorz. They have one in Orange too, but this one is much nicer. The Orange location looks like a house while this one fits right into a historic district. I went at right before 1 P.M. and it was packed!

I got "The Walnut that Kissed the Chicken" sandwich and rode it home on the bus. I had half that sandwich made with squaw bread (I had no idea what it was either). No pasta salad though. You know how I don't eat sandwiches, but Kath Eats always eats them, is in good shape, and makes them look delicious. Hey and guess what, I didn't feel terrible after eating it. My belly isn't protruding out either.


I took a quickie 30 minute relaxing rest/nap before I hit the gym.

My uncle took me over because he insisted. I got there early and perused Whole Foods and the rest of Bella Terra. There had been a power outage so Barnes and Noble and a few other shops were closed. I even had time to try on a couple of Billabong dresses at Huntington Surf and Sport. Now here's the problem with skin-tight dresses for me: I've got the booty and no boobs. Ick. At least my belly looked aiiight...

Today was a great gym day because I was working hard (20 minutes on the stair climber again!)... and the instructor was Terence. It's awesome when an instructor you like compliments you. I was testing out my barbell weight for the clean & press when he looked over and said, "She's the first person who has done it right!" Sadly, I didn't add more weight because I got so distracted by it.

Then after class, he was amazed by how calm I was while doing lunges. Me?! I'm calm when I work out. Who would've thought that I'm ever calm. I guess that's why working out is so important to me.

Sometimes I find I feel best when I focus a lot on BodyPump and yoga and not so much the cardio classes like Turbo Kick despite how much I love it. I think I get too out of control (mind and body wise) when I do Turbo whereas BP and yoga require lots of breathing and calmness. What do you think?

In an ode to Kath Eats today, I bought Icelandic yogurt: Siggi Plain as well as Skyr.is Plain. Funny thing both are made by companies named "skyr" which is the name for this Icelandic yogurt. I'm going to have the Siggi tonight then the Skyr.is tomorrow. I had no idea these were just as protein-packed as Greek yogurt! I'm super excited. To round off my light dinner, I'm throwing in a Vega Sport berry flavor.


...with some granola.

So I got an e-mail saying that my car has been assigned a truck. Woo! I can't wait.

I'm really dark now. It's not even a tan anymore. Always reapply sunscreen.

Chores tonight: laundry and get a trash bag for the bathroom then some "MasterChef."

No comments:

Post a Comment