Thursday, July 7, 2011

Transition to the West Coast

I'm a little excited. I have real internet (instead of using our neighbor's) and cable television. Worse, my family put a TV in my room. This is going to be TROUBLE.

So far, it's been kind of weird being back. I have my own room, which I'll spruce up and take pictures of, but as I'm trying to save money, I won't be doing too much. Also, this is my temporary living situation and I don't want to have so many material possessions to have to move next time. Lots of reasons not to do a lot.

Before I got here, I got a nice surprise from two gym buddies, John & Shannon. They came by after the Zumba party and wished me both a happy birthday and safe traveling. They also brought me a bottle of Hypnotiq. Both Yancey and I were reminded of high school.

We visited Luis in the middle of the night where Yancey got the best surprise ever: Flamin' Hot Lays. Luis had them sent over from California.

I got about 2.5 hours of sleep then attempted to sleep on the plane. We had a stopover in Atlanta then a straight shot to Orange County. It was only 4 hours! Nice. Still, I'll never like flying. I get motion sickness and can't eat anything. Even my favorite foods make me sick. I suppose this is what being preggers would be like.

I did pack myself a couple of chicken/goat cheese/zucchini wraps using fiber packed tortillas, drank lots and lots of water, and had a Fuji apple.


I stopped by Trader Joe's for some goodies. Both The Fitnessista and Love Veggies & Yoga love it, but I'm still a little reluctant.

I liked their goat cheese prices and their mango butter wasn't too shabby. I also picked up some Greek nonfat yogurt, dark chocolate almonds with turbinado and sea salt, and spinach and broc.


Then we went by Whole Foods for some nut butter. I couldn't decide on anything so picked Barney Butter crunchy for the first time. I also picked up some Scandinavian crispbreads, buckwheat groats, and rolled oats.


Finally, I had to buy some toiletries so we stopped by Target before getting to my new pad.

I showered, fixed the bed, and went for a walk nearby to a Fresh & Easy, a Walgreens, and the Dollar Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment