Friday, July 1, 2011

A soft spot in my heart: Canada

I've always had a soft spot for Canada. I went last year. I have family in Calgary, where they have their annual Stampede, a combination rodeo and fair. I used to go when I was young.


They also have Banff. Beautiful.


We also went on a 12-hour road trip across the Rockies to Vancouver once. I'd love to go back.

I plan on going to Toronto and definitely the artsier Montreal within the next year or two.

Happy Canada Day!


I want to make some Nanaimo bars. There are a ton of varieties as shown by Cakespy.


(image from Serious Eats)

Other related Canadian foods:
  • Saskatoon berries, which I had in chocolate
  • Maple syrup, duh
  • Caribou, also Minnesota right?
  • Poutine, which I've heard of and thought was quite interesting:

(image from Momofukufor2)

No comments:

Post a Comment