Saturday, July 2, 2011

Glory of Asheville Saturdays

Today was my last day for Saturday tailgates... and no Take the Cake! I did get my favorite from Night & Day Bakery: pistachio olive oil cake slice and a peach pie baby from Pies in Disguise.



Then I hit the gym. I lifted great today except biceps. Everyone brought their boyfriend/girlfriend or fiance. I didn't get that memo nor would I have someone to bring. I guess it's because it's the holiday weekend.

I decided against Centergy, came home, and got mom for lunch at Morning Glory Cafe. She ordered the Mountain Man breakfast and I got both the pimento cheese sandwich and basil pesto chicken sandwich. I ate 1/4 of a each and half of mom's biscuit with Imladris Farms jam. Yum yum. So full.



I stopped by to see a friend about making burgers for tomorrow's lunch. I'm expecting only like 10 people.

I have to buy burger buns, fruit (she's doing the veggies for me), and baked goods. I'm thinking gluten-free Mojito cupcakes and peach cobbler.

The gluten-free cupcakes I made last night were quickly thrown out. It was too thick. I don't know... either way, I need to quit baking soon. Is there anything else I need to bake before I get this hobby taken away for a long while?

First, let's take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment