Friday, April 1, 2011

Baking for one

Okay, so it really isn't baking for one when I make 6 cupcakes right? But it's so hard to make just one of anything. I made my roommate 7 cookies the other night and there's still a huge ball of cookie dough left in the freezer.

Thankfully, I'm not a fan of white chocolate chip macadamia nut especially when I used white flour, real sugar, and real butter. In a way, it sucks cause when I make my favorites, he won't eat them and I'm left with way too much. Neither of our faves are goods I can take to work. Except banana bread, but sometimes, I want something else.

I dropped the green tea and strawberry cupcakes off at Bake it Pretty for the Bakesale for Japan and was so engrossed with baking supplies and baking, I skipped hip hop. That's okay, I worked out this morning. So far this week, I've been a trooper with AM workouts and PM workouts so today was okay. Plus, tomorrow I have a Turbo Kick workshop in Charlotte so all is well.

Except I baked. And I ate one already: Sugarbomb Bakery's Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Fudgy Peanut Butter Frosting, Roasted Peanuts, and Fleur de Sel.



It's very delicate and soft so be careful when lifting them.

Every since I discovered MaraNatha Organic PB with a hint of sea salt, I've been adding more coarse sea salt. It's also a fact that my favorite PB cookies have salt too.

While I was there, I asked for some decorating tips. They suggested this video:

Cupcake Piping How-To from My Baking Addiction on Vimeo.



The problem: I never have enough frosting for all the cupcakes so 3 cupcakes got the star treatment while 3 shared the leftovers. Okay, realistically, the cupcakes don't need that much frosting, but it's what happens when I use the giant frosting tips... and those are definitely required for cupcakes. Who knew those little ones are pretty much no use.

No comments:

Post a Comment