Friday, April 22, 2011

Do what you want: this is a good day.

Yay, it's Friday and it was a half day. I didn't even work the full 4.5 hours. I went to work at 9:30 and left at 12:15. Screw work.

I got up early and decided that since I get off early, I should relax. Last night, I fell asleep with just 15 more minutes left of "Crazy Sexy Cancer" so I finished it off this morning while hula hooping. I did the 25 minute yoga practice in the special features. It was exactly what I needed to start my morning. That, and green juice. I ran out of cucumbers and pears so I bought some later.



For lunch, I had some steamed asparagus and finally ate at Gypsy Queen Cuisine. It's a food truck providing us with Lebanese/Middle Eastern food. I got a chicken shawarma and ate all the chicken with tomatoes and parsley. It was really filling. The pita was thinner than your typical pita. Since I'm off wheat for digestive purposes, I threw that out.



I came home with macadamia nuts and made a little macadamia nut butter with vegan white chocolate chips I procured at Amazing Savings. I also made another batch of sesame tahini laced with white chocolate (the best thing to make it edible). The macadamia nut butter wasn't as successful though. Too grainy. Maybe I overdosed on chocolate chips.

a
Afterwards, I took a nap. Funny how I'm tired at work but wasn't as tired when I came home. I forced an hour of nap time and it felt restorative.

I hit up the gym for 20 minutes on the elliptical, Turbo Kick, yoga, and Hip Hop Hustle.

Now I'm home, showered, and even dry brushed myself. I'm ready for a movie ("The Girl Who Played with Fire") and reading (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest). I just made myself my Shakeology with strawberries and some chai tea with honey and almond milk. Fancy.




In other important news, my power adapter is frayed so it works not very often. But I'm planning to go camping tomorrow. I'll miss a few other going-ons, but camping is on my to-do list (at 23)!

All in all, a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment