Friday, April 1, 2011

Day in my life: the reality vs. the dream

In reality, my day goes as follow:
  • 7:15 - wake up, take a few minutes to fully waken
  • 7:30 - AM workout
  • 8:30 - get ready
  • 9 - drive to work
  • 9:15 - have breakfast in car
  • 9:20 - pull up at work, get out of car, and clock in
  • 9:30 - sit with kids in circle so they don't kill each other as the teacher reads
  • 10 - kids have circle time
  • 11 - clean tables, get lunch totes
  • 11:20 - serve lunch
  • 11:40 - take kids outside by myself
  • 12 - other teacher joins me with kids
  • 12:30 - take totes down, have lunch
  • 1 - come back from lunch, rub kids' backs
  • 1:30 - teacher goes to lunch, take a break as kids nap
  • 2 - pretend to do stuff
  • 2:30 - wake kids up to go on bus then clean and wait for other kids to wake up and go home
  • 3:45 - 15 minutes by myself cleaning
  • 4 - go outside with kids
  • 4:30 - other assistant leaves and I'm with the kids by myself for an hour
  • 5 - snack time
  • 5:10 - last kid leaves, I tidy up
  • 5:23 - clock out
  • 5:30 - should be in car, on way to gym
  • 5:45 - a bit of cardio before whatever class I have that night
  • 6 - classes of some sort
  • 8 - home, shower
  • I WASTE A LOT OF TIME AT NIGHT!
  • 12 - go to sleep, which I should do earlier huh?
How would I change my schedule? I want to work out more - hit the gym in the morning and at night - and work better hours though really, this schedule isn't terrible. I just wish my job was less annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment