Thursday, April 14, 2011

What do you like with your cream?

I lied. There is one other thing that my roommate and I like, dessert-wise, besides banana bread, and that is strawberry shortcake.

I mentioned that I started Momofuku's strawberry shortcakes yesterday, but I had to put them in fridge for 30 minutes before baking and didn't think I had time. So, I decided to wait till today.



Oh and were they glorious. I made my own whipped cream, which really isn't very hard: whipped cream and sugar. I ate all the strawberries and tossed the rest of the shortcakes that Yancey didn't take with him to work. Though the cake's good, the weather warrants that I eat strawberries and lots of them.

It's funny that I made strawberries and cream today because after a few minutes downtown, I got back in my car and heard the song "Peaches and Cream" by 112. I was so excited! I remember this from middle school/8th grade.



After my nap, I whipped out their CD, Part III, and listened to some Jagged Edge, Nelly, and Fabolous. Yeah, that's what I was into then.

The abs song in my weights class is freaking fantastic. It's from last summer,"Cooler than Me" by Mike Posner.

So now I have a little time to kill before I have to be at the gym at 7 for Turbo Kick. I decided to make today a light day as long as I didn't eat too much. Of course, I have trouble controlling myself. :(

For lunch, I had a shrimp and goat cheese quesadilla, homemade with 1/2 an Ezekiel sprouted tortilla, low fat goat cheese, and some garlic/onion. The shrimp was too big and I didn't want that much cheese, but the toasted tortilla made it delicious.



This was healthy, eating so many strawberry shortcakes in one sitting, even if it was just the strawberries with cream, was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment