Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A day without abuse... so CUPCAKES!


I made a friend at the gym who asked me if I'd ever been to a weight lifting class. She saw a class at 6AM and wanted to go so I volunteered to wake up and go with her the next morning. I didn't get a lot of sleep, but I went anyways. And hell yeah, it woke me up! I even did a light 30 minutes of cardio (15 on the elliptical and 15 on the stationary bike) before I got some tea from Firestorm Cafe. I even ate part of a cantaloupe and mascarpone croissant pastry from Modesto Bakery. By part, I mean I ate the cantaloupe, cream, and parts of the pastry touching the cream. :)

We had a 30 minute work meeting that was kind of scary. Someone got fired for some incident... it was pretty surreal.

But most importantly...


Which is why I found it strange that the other assistant took the day off cause we've had such a good week. She must be really sick.

After kickboxing, I drove a friend home so didn't go to yoga. Instead, I came home early-ish and wanted to bake. I've been wanting to make jackfruit cupcakes forever and finally bought a can of jackfruit at Kim's grocery store. The cream cheese frosting had a very vanilla flavor.


Yancey brought me home some fat free cream cheese for the frosting.


I used red with blue polka dot liners for the big ones and orange plaid cupcake liners for the minis.

Then I thought to make something from Sugarbomb Bakery, plus I wanted to use the new liners I got from Bake It Pretty. Here are chai cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream. With the leftover batter, I made myself a mini. :)

I must not have sifted my frosting enough, but it looked fine till I piped it. Oh well.


Pink leopard liners!


I seriously need sleep. I'm going on an average of 6 hours of sleep per night and that's just not good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment