Sunday, April 10, 2011

Matcha tea time

I only drank coffee because everyone else did and I needed something to do sometimes so I'd have coffee. Well, coffee isn't particularly good for you. I guess it's not bad for you either, but I'm pretty sure tea is much better. At least the Skinny Bitches think so.

Coffee: Don’t kill the messengers: Coffee should not be a part of your daily routine. Caffeine affects every organ system, from the nervous system to the skin. There is nothing beneficial about starting your day with pesticide-laden coffee beans, hormone-filled milk, and sugar or artificial sweeteners. We know it is addictive and people would rather lose a limb than live without coffee. But it just isn’t good for you. Take a week or two to wean yourself off completely. And never look back.

There's an excerpt here about coffee and then decaf green tea.

So there went coffee and in came tea. I told you about all my tea adventures today, but I haven't share my tea making. I love matcha powder and probably need to buy some more cause I made this amazing drink.

The couple sitting next to me inquired about cold teas. I'm not talking about sweet tea - that stuff is just not good for you. They prompted me to get that dark oolong tea that gets frothy like beer, but they didn't order it. Instead, they got something called a Forest Dragon. I decided against it because I have matcha powder at home and could recreate it.


Matcha green tea milk, or something like that...
1 tsp matcha powder
1 c. almond milk
pinches of cardamon, cinnamon, ginger
0 cal Stevia
local honey (I used Haw Creek honey)
  • Put a tbsp of milk in a mug and mix in matcha powder. Place in microwave for 15 seconds to make a matcha paste. Stir when warmed. Don't overheat cause it will get really frothy and overflow... even with just a tablespoon!
  • Pour 1 cup of almond milk in a cocktail shaker or protein shake mixer with a grater, mix in the matcha paste, add the other ingredients, and shake.
  • Pour into a glass, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment