Thursday, March 31, 2011

Long night

Quick note from yesterday:


Happy Thursday!


I haven't had a chance to post since the internet's being wacky. Also, I've dedicated myself to AM workouts (today, it was Turbo Kick Round 43 in preparation for Saturday), work cause I have to, PM workouts at the gym (weights & Turbo Kick), and then baking for Bakesale for Japan as well as some baking for myself. :)

I was so proud of myself for making it through both weights and then cardio after. It's apparently the best combo, but I'm always fatigued from lifting. My shoulders are rocking though.

For the bakesale, I decided on green tea and strawberry cupcakes. I made them before without the buttercream. You all know I suck at making buttercream, but it worked this time and I credit my stand mixer for doing all the work. My use of icing tips could use some help though.

I'm dropping them off tomorrow before hip hop class...



Because I make holes in the cakes for vanilla custard, I had leftover green tea cake. I attempted quick and easy green tea cake pops. It's still a struggle though.


I also made those Gluten-Free Meyer Lemon Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream except I ran out of powdered sugar and had leftover mojito frosting and ginger cream cheese frosting so I put that on instead. Oh, the cakes turned out great! The last time I tried gluten-free cupcakes, from BabyCakes' cookbook, they turned out dense and kind of gross (red velvet) or rubbery (vanilla).


Finally, I made pistachio cupcakes with strawberry buttercream cause I finally had some pistachios. This buttercream recipe wasn't as pretty though. I only made half the recipe since I can't take these to work. They were also quite delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment