Monday, March 7, 2011

Baking on my day off

As I waited for cinnamon rolls to rise, I made maple glazed pumpkin spice glonuts without the glaze though... Not really donuts here but very fluffy.

Anytime I make anything with peanut butter, it's for me since I can't take it to work. I was rather disappointed by the spicy chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. Somehow, they didn't rise and the cocoa powder didn't give much chocolate-y taste.

I thought about making Joy the Baker's cinnamon sugar pull apart bread, but I chose vegan rolls instead. However, I have lemons and the lemon cornmeal cake was simpler. I also like the texture of cornmeal...

Okay, so here are the vegan pumpkin pie filled cinnamon rolls! Look at the glorious dough!

The verdict: okay when warm, grainy and not so good when chilled. I didn't get to put in pecans either (for work purposes).

No comments:

Post a Comment