Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A few successes this week

Good news! I've broken into the 120s again. I'm 129.0 as of today. It'll change, but I hope for the better as my eating habits, my exercising, and my happiness are slowly transforming.

So let's talk about the day. We were supposed to be reviewed at work, but thankfully, nada cause the reviewer has the flu.

I started my day with a V-Core protein drink at 9:15AM.

For lunch at 12:40PM, I made myself a big salad with 2 cups of spinach, some tomatoes, green bell peppers, celery, 1/4 avocado, and 1/3 apple. I also had one of my ants on a log with chocolate chips instead of raisins - I forgot to buy dried blueberries.


I ate the rest of the apple from my salad and my other ant on a log.

I went to the gym! Tuesdays have typically been a day off if I take one. Early days in the week totally suck, but I went. I got there a little early and since all the elliptical machiness and bikes were taken, I rowed for about 5 minutes. I made it fun by competing against the man next to me.

I rocked spin, kind of. I tried hard enough. I like this class so I think Tuesdays will be spin days and Thursdays, I'll lift before Turbo Kick class. Between spin and step, I got on the elliptical trainer to stay warm. Step kicked my butt mostly cause my shoulders were hurting from those 5 minutes of competitive rowing. Haha.

Afterwards, I made a pumpkin pie smoothie, a recipe I adapted from several other raw pumpkin pie smoothie recipes. It was the best smoothie I've made thus far. I like the creamy texture.

Julie's raw pumpkin pie smoothie

1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
1 cup spinach
1/2 banana
dash of pumpkin pie spice to top it off, which I then mixed with a straw
ice

BLEND!

I complemented it with a slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread.



After dinner, I read over a hundred pages in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I'm currently 75 or so pages from the end. I've already found the killer, the victims, and all that. There's only one tid-bit story left that doesn't seem as exciting after all that. I want to see the movie now!



So, Ms. Karen has the next couple of books in the series, but I need a break. What should I read next? Suggestions please.

Last week, I weighed in at 131.2 so I've lost 2 pounds, which is pretty healthy. That's what needs to happen: a slow and steady loss to 117.

New special section! What makes Tuesday exciting?
  • Peanut Butter & Company come out with a recipe each week on Tuesdays! This week, a PB truffle in St. Patty's Day colors. P.S. I haven't decided what to make for St. Patty's Day! Maybe the truffles??
  • The local alternative newspaper, Mountain Xpress, comes outs. I don't have a copy yet but will get one tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment