Monday, March 21, 2011

BIG NEWS xs 2!

I’ve decided it’s time to move. I haven’t visited Austin, but I picked LA. Why? LA is the land of opportunity or at least things to do. Someday I may move to Austin – it seems like my ultimate home. For now though, I need to go back to school to get my RD. Before all that, I’ll need to run through the prerequisites. Even before that, I need to regain my residency. So I’ll have to find a job. I’ll play around until the end of summer and then be serious about working.

Before I leave Asheville and the East Coast, there are a few things I need to do, including a bake-off this next weekend. I've tried to figure out when I'll do all these things. I have weekends mostly to do all this. I've got quite a few left!

March weekends – 3/26 Cupcakes for Cures

April weekends – 4/1-4/3 Chapel Hill & Charlotte one last time; 4/9-4/17 spring break w/ a few days in Savannah, GA; 4/23-4/24; 4/30-5/1 Vance Rocket Run/Big Love Fest

May weekends – 5/7-5/8; 5/14-5/15; 5/21-5/22; 5/28-5/29

June weekends – 6/4-6/5; 6/11-6/12; 6/18-6/19 Nashville; 6/25-6/26

I’m quite excited about the move abet a little scared. I’m not taking a whole lot: clothes, pans, nick nacks, my KitchenAid mixer. What’s that you say? My what? Yes, while I’m at it, I’d like to announce the purchase of my refurbished KitchenAid mixer! I’ve wanted one for a long time, but as my tastes change (I have a red blender – what was I thinking?!), I’ve worried I’d be fickle and hate it later.

So here I am, early 20s, and I think I’ve settled down or at least I have for several years. I went through the Ikea phase for a long time with fresh, brand new, and lesser quality goods. Now I’m looking at high quality, vintage/mid-century modern/retro modern, and rare items. At this point, I’ve pretty much designed my home to strict specifications. The kitchen colors: pistachio, ice blue, and orange. Since ice blue is so popular and orange is too wacky, I went for pistachio.



Anyways, my KitchenAid mixer is what got me to do all this thinking. If I buy it, I have to take it with me. Am I willing to lug it around? Hell yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment