Sunday, March 13, 2011

A kind-of sunny Sunday

I woke up super sore and hungry. I ate some of my leftover chili cheese sweet potato fries before tossing the rest.

I headed downtown on this beautiful day, walked over to Modesto Bakery, and had a flaky yummy cinnamon roll.



Over at Old Europe, I perused their walnut and poppy seed kolacky. Neither tasted good. The pastry dough was stale. Their 13 cent Hungarian donut wasn't as good as the first one I tried. It was a little overcooked maybe. I couldn't even eat either of them!


Then I headed to Bake it Pretty for some supplies. I found the cupcake liner for my cupcakes! Yes, the Cupcakes for Cures cupcake!

I heard about a new little food card called King of Pops with popsicles made with pretty much juice and ice. Very basic, but great flavors including mango habanero, raspberry peach, chocolate sea salt, and quite a few more fun flavors I can't recall. I had grapefruit mint because I thought I should have some fruit I don't get in my diet normally.



This picture was so cute, I had to include it! (from Mountain Xpress)

Finally, I had lunch. Yes, at 3PM, on a foodie binge, I went by Rosetta's Kitchen again for a small cup of mac and cheese. I ate maybe 1/3 of the cup so I'm feeling okay.

A trip to Greenlife for Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread (on sale!) and on sale also, mascarpone cheese. Now I can dream of a vegetarian tiramisu recipe! I'll share what I find.

Speaking of that, I'm working on thawing the Lotta Jansdotter cinnamon rolls and baking them. I hope it works out okay since I neglected the dough when I went to training yesterday. I also want to make something for St. Patty's Day.

So much for Zumba. However, tonight I'm putting in Turbo Kick round 42 to work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment