Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I was at a lost for something to make, but I was sure I wanted it to be green. Well, of course. I also wanted mint. I've never really made anything with mint. I also wanted to make a cake.

So, here's the Baked: New Frontiers in Baking's Grasshopper Cake. Recipe here.

I only have two pans that are square. I need 2 more round pans for later cakes, but I worked with these especially since 3 pans would've turned out pretty thin layers.

Anyways, I should've left it this way.

Yancey likes the chocolate shavings. The buttercream looks pretty bad though. I haven't been able to do a successful buttercream though this was at least fluffier than usual.


I am so proud of how it looks inside though! The cake is fluffy and you can see the layer of ganache and the buttercream inside.


Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment