Friday, June 29, 2012

A little more... sun, fun, kick.

I've walked to the gym everyday this week. I love that freedom. Usually, I'm in a hurry to get home for work. Granted, I don't work until 10:30 or 11 during the school year. Still, the classes start at 8:30, end at 9:30, and only gives me 30 minutes to shower and dress for work before driving to work.

My walks take about 20 minutes if I'm uninterrupted. Sometimes it takes longer if I'm on the phone or walk over to TJ Maxx.

 

My meals are less hearty and more cool.

Dinner last night: 2 shrimp spring rolls with avocado.
 

Post-workout meal/lunch after TurboKick and abs today: Trader Joe's brown rice tortilla with 1 egg, 1 egg white, 3 shrimp, hummus, and mini peppers on the side.
 

I had to head over to the gym a little earlier because it gets crazy crowded. I spent 20 minutes on chest presses, tricep extensions lying down, tricep presses, etc.

I decided to relax. My body is tired. Mom got off work early so I headed over so we could go to Costco. I've been waiting to buy these Sahale pomegranate pistachios since someone left a bag of them at work. So good and you can't find this flavor at any other store (or on their website)!

The black pepper gives it a little kick.

Then it was off to dinner. My cousin and I went to Kabuki for happy hour. Both of us chose the Alaskan Roll, a California roll with salmon on top. Mine had brown rice.

My drink of choice: Tokyo cucumber mojito made with sake and shochu?

Catherine got some frozen yogurt while I had samples. :)

Speaking of my cousin, I thought I'd share a picture of her. You see her sometimes on the blog. She's awesome. No one would guess she's 17, but yes, it's true. She had bone marrow cancer when she was born and is extremely lucky to be alive. She is not your average 17-year-old.


I picked up "The Perfect Family" to watch tonight to see how Emily Deschanel is in something besides "Bones."
 
(source)

How do your meals change now that it's summer?
How do you add a little more movement/walking in your daily life?
Have you lived anywhere without sidewalks? That's so strange to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment