Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin pie = tofu + pumpkin - eggs - crust

Though I made a batch of Pumpkin Whip Dip with a container of Cool Whip Lite and then added pumpkin to my yogurt, I had leftover pumpkin.

When I was at the store yesterday, I saw tofu on sale and an idea came to me. I've seen recipes for pumpkin pie with tofu. I had pumpkin pie samples at Costco Friday and all of it came together to produce an idea: tofu pumpkin pie.

But wait! I didn't have crust.

Then, I found the perfect recipe: no crust, no eggs, no problem. I didn't want to use eggs, but I was willing to use Biscoff cookies, or my Trader Joe version. I even had exactly 12 cookies left to make Chez Bettay's Crustless Vegan Pumpkin Pie!



I put a dollop of Pumpkin Whip Dip on top.




My little cousin tried it and said, "Just like Costco." So it does taste like pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment