Friday, October 21, 2011

Autumn-colored enjoyments

I miss the yellows, oranges, and reds of fall in the Appalachian Mountains. Though there's fall gloom, there's no gorgeousness. Rather, it's foggy because we're several miles from the beach. Not that I'm complaining.

Comparing the two places or any place is unnecessary. I love them both. This hasn't always been the case though because I hated Southern California as a child. I grew up here and my experiences were less than stellar.

To make up for it, I've been eating autumn colored foods like sweet potatoes and... faux pizzas.




I've also gotten my fill of pumpkin, of course.

Asheville had great food. Southern California has a lot of options, which undoubtedly has great food somewhere. It is a little more difficult to find though.

Coffee houses are rampant in both places, and it's not just Starbucks. While I enjoy my pumpkin spice lattes, I headed over to Adams Avenue Coffee, an outshoot of their donut shop, for a "harvest pumpkin latte." They serve local Kean Coffee, only available in several locations, and have almond milk!


I'm only able to sit and enjoy because I slept in an extra hour. Well rested rather than groggy, I headed to Whole Foods to buy low carb tortillas and then came here for coffee and mobile blogging.

Off to make my breakfast and head to work (then workout). Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment