This was not so marvelous.
On Saturday, my car broke down. It's the alternator so no big deal, but I'm out of a car till later today.
I ended up not going in to my morning job, but it took State Farm 3 hours to come and get me.
I came home for a nap before work.
Work has been a mix of marvelousness and crappiness. I'm trying to be a good leader, but I have a couple of slackers and a girl who... I don't even know.
Here's the marvelous part:
1) Hydration beyond water - I'm always thirsty. I need more chocolate coconut water!
2) Frozen yogurt from CdM Yogurt/the only reason I enjoy one of my jobs.
3) The Olympics everywhere. Team USA!
4) Finally getting my lunch break at work and my friends coming to visit. I made one of them wear the same shoes too. :)
5) Jasmin's birthday on the same day that the cake decorator came to demo.
I went out to Porto's Bakery yesterday morning to pick up a cheesecake.
6) The jerky musician having someone chase him down because he owed them money. He was rude to me and everybody else.
7) The best post I've read in a long time: "What to eat to get abs?"
- Empty fat cells take 10 years to die. In the meantime, they try hard to fill.
- Excessive exercise is bad for you. What's right? According to the post, "full-body, heavy strength training 2-3 days a week, light walking/activity most days of the week, the occasional sprints/anaerobic training (1-2x a week)"
- Eat more than 10 calories per pound. For me, that's much more than I eat now.
In the end, everything's going to be okay. Only 5 more days of the Fair and 8 days of work. I'm going to miss it a lot, but the last week has been so drama-filled, I may be glad it's over.
I have the day off because someone switched with me. I worked out already so now I'm ready for a nap, a day of beautification (kind of/what beautification means to me), and liquor-buying because Mondays are our party days.
What is your beautification process like? I'm thinking face mask, pore strips, nails, and hair.