Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1200, 1300, 1400+

1200. Who came up with that number?

I ate over 1400 calories today and I'm all freaked out about it. Lately, my calorie count has been around 1300 and that's comfortable for me mentally.

So I thought maybe sharing my meals today would help me. I already log it on MyFitnessPal...

Breakfast at 7:30 A.M.
1/2 cup oats made made in tea + string cheese
~225 calories

Snack at 10 A.M.
Blueberry muffin Larabar
~200 calories

Lunch at 12 P.M.
3 oz. rotisserie chicken breast & Laughing Cow queso wedge in a Flatout
1 green apple + 1 tbsp almond butter + 1 sheet graham cracker
~450 calories

Pre-workout snack at 4:30 P.M.
Apple pie protein shake made with 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein, & 1/2 container Chobani apple cinnamon
Pack of roasted seaweed snack
~200 calories

Dinner at 7:45 P.M.
Gardenburger black bean chipotle veggie burger over romaine lettuce
Hint of jalapeno chips with reduced guilt chunky guac (lots of it)
~350 calories

I've been consuming/craving way too much Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter and Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole. I ate a tub in 3 days and already ate 1/3 of a tub today. It's not bad since a whole tub is only 330 calories, but I have to eat it with something like chips.

1200 for most people isn't quite enough and I know it. Though it's not about what I know.

I have to refeed myself with more than 1300 calories. Being in the 1300s has helped me lose a little weight, especially since I workout. More is probably beneficial, and I was really hungry enough for the tortilla chips and guac, and that's really how it should work.

Plus, I totally worked out despite a terrible and raw blister on my pinky toe. I got in 20 minutes of weights too - leg curl, press, and extension, lat pulldown and row, and some bicep curls. I was able to do more weight than I had. Big surprise!

Afterwards, I headed to TurboKick where I was complimented on my strong punches. Hah. I was proud of my tuck jumps. :)

A quick read: newest obesity rates, which haven't changed, but I'm surprised California is near the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment