Thursday, August 16, 2012

Meal Plan Thursday: Playing catch up

Woops, I forgot a Meal Plan Monday this week, and it hasn't been all that bad. I've eaten protein pancakes, salads, protein smoothies, apples and string cheese, and the occasional sweet often. :) I just rolled with what I knew.

Thursday
m1 - chia waffle + 2 egg whites 9:45
m2 - shrimp spring rolls 1:45
m3 - string cheese 1:15, 1/2 thinkThin brownie crunch bar 6:00
m4 - Morningstar Farms California Turk'y Burger salad with avocado & almonds 7:45
m5 - Chobani Champions vanilla chocolate chunk, 1/2 c. cottage cheese
workout - BodyPump
other - send package, buy food, bank, watch a movie!

Friday
m1 - protein pancake
m2 - shrimp spring rolls
m3 - apple, string cheese
m4 - chicken salad
m5 - protein shake

Saturday
m1 - protein shake
m2 - Morningstar Farms California Turk'y Burger salad
m3 - apple, string cheese
m4 - chicken salad
m5 - protein shake
workout - TurboKick, Zumba
work - 1:30-7:30

Sunday
m1 - blueberries 'n cream amaranth porridge
m2 - Morningstar Farms California Turk'y Burger salad
m3 - apple, string cheese
m4 - open
m5 - protein shake
workout - yoga
work - 1:30-7:30

Remember when I borrowed all those library books? I didn't read too many of them.

I never got through Middlesex - too many details - or In A Sunburned Country for the thousandth time because I always have it in conjunction with other books or The Paris Wife, which I want to read badly.

Instead, I got sucked into Sisterhood Everlasting and misplaced it for a week or two. Well, I found it and it's necessary, with my TWO DAYS OFF, to read it.

...and watch "American Reunion." I'm not itching to watch it, but it's necessary. The first movie was released in 1999 when I was just 12-years-old. It just seems right to watch the 13-year-old(!) series at 25.
 

Other reading I'm catching up on:
The first article was so fun to read, and made me proud that I upped my weights today in BodyPump. Though BodyPump wouldn't fit quite well in this article. I go for the motivation since I've been in a strength training funk lately.

In any case, I add weights sometimes, but I've maxed out for awhile. I just can't do so many reps with more weight. Except with squats.

Today was the heaviest I've ever done with squats in class. I could never lift a heavier bar over my head and onto my shoulders, but today's 40-pound bar is no biggie now.

(source)


And since I said I'm in a strength training funk, I'm going to write/find training plans for next week.

What's a heavy lifting day for you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment