Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to school 2012

Back to school today! I was super excited and even slept right on time to wake up perfectly - 11 P.M. to 7 A.M. - despite a little nap yesterday.

I ate Fitnessista's breakfast cookie. Today's had a little too much almond milk and was a bit soggy.

I made lunch and caught up on all the morning internet happenings before heading out to yoga.

My right hip was a little bothersome so I'll stretch it more tonight.

This whole week is on a traditional schedule so school actually started at 10 instead of 10:30 for me, and I was in a rush after yoga.

I wiped myself down with an athletic body wipe from my bulu box

Then headed to work. My schedule wasn't all that I hoped for, but I rolled with it.

Because the schedule is unusual for us, I was in the wrong class for a whole period and thought my one-on-one just skipped out. Plus, I saw a few of my darling students and wanted to stay.

My new schedule is as follows:
  • 3rd period - Sophomore English with my favorite teacher who starts his second year & kids I don't know. The teacher is so much fun though.
  • 4th period - Blended English class with a new-to-me teacher and 6 of 7 familiar faces, including my favorite student. He came and gave me a hug after class and told me I was his favorite. :)
  • 5th period - A couple of kids in our mild/moderate program are beyond mild/moderate and we're waiting for their parents to realize it... in about 2 months. I sat with a girl in an easy peasy computer class.
  • 6th period - Both of the kids mentioned above are in this Earth Science class. I was in this class last year with the same teacher. I wanted Life Science 5th period with all my former Earth Science students but since I have to be somewhere 5th, I couldn't pick. :/
One of the best pieces of advice about studying that I got came today: Don't study at home. I won't study at home so it's best to stay at school or elsewhere to study, especially on days when I don't work both jobs.

Of course, I haven't started studying today because I came home. Can we start fresh tomorrow and relax tonight? Okay. :)

I didn't need a nap after work. Instead, I did some necessary shopping and made dinner: boiled shrimp with roasted seaweed snack and lettuce. I used the seaweed snack to wrap the lettuce and shrimp.

Of course, I was still hungry after so I shared a Bartlett pear and made a pumpkin "cheesecake" mousse.

The mousse was absolutely delicious!

I have to prep my meals, watch some shows, and read before bed.

When do you prep your meals? I can't do a whole week. I do it maybe two days before but usually the night before.
If you've ever worked out right before work or at lunch, how do you clean up? Do you shower at the gym?

1 comment: