Thankfully I'm still tired.
I only slept 6 or so hours last night, which isn't quite enough. I went to the gym for the first day of LiveFit Phase 2.
Day 29. No printout today. :/
- Wide-grip overhand pull-ups: assisted 80# all
- Bent-over barbell row: 45# all
- Seated cable row: 80#, 80#, 70#
- Wide-grip lat pulldown: 50#, 50#, 37.5#
- Hammer strength lat puldown: 70# all
- Hyperextension: 10# all
- Cardio: 40 minutes TurboKick
Everything else was just okay. I tried to make up for it with my cardio. Instead of a machine, I did 40 minutes of TurboKick and left early to get in a good shower.
I'm hoping more sleep will help with tomorrow's workout as will the excitement of trying out a new gym.
I checked out Gold's Gym after work. It's just 2 blocks from work so I would workout and shower before going to work. I never shower at my gym now but have showered at my cleaner gym in NC. I asked for a tour and checked out the ladies' locker room. I found it cleaner, with lots of machines, and far less people. Granted, it was 3 P.M. on a Monday.
Post nap was dinner: shrimp over romaine with onions and peppers.
Lots of shrimp was consumed today! My cousin made me spicy shrimp for lunch, which I combined with spinach and ate with a toothpick (couldn't find a fork!).
Then I packed all my meals for tomorrow the started working on crossword puzzles.
- Breakfast: 2 hard boiled egg whites, oatmeal
- Post-workout: Protein shake, half banana
- Lunch: Steamed tilapia in a tortilla inspired by Healthy Diva Eats
- Dinner: Homemade sweet & sour chicken, massaged kale based on shutterbean's recipe (with soy sauce, sesame oil, and cashews)
- Snack: 1/2 c cottage cheese
I made 2 big purchases today. I got the Gold's Gym Groupon. $189 for a year to the one gym because each Gold's is owned by a franchisee.
The other item I bought was Sunwarrior Warrior Blend protein powder via OpenSky. I've been meaning to try it for a long time. Free shipping and I got another $7 credit (up to $14!)... except I have nothing to buy that's enough to use it.
Though apparently, the warrior blend tastes more sawdusty. Any suggestions?