Friday, March 30, 2012

Not everyday eating

I could not eat like I did today everyday. Lunch and dinner cost me over $30!

I had breakfast at home: double fiber English muffin with 2 egg whites & goat cheese on one side and PB & banana on the other.

Usually I pack my own meals. I packed a lunch of buffalo chicken mac & cheese quinoa and some rotisserie chicken breast for dinner promising to buy something to supplement it.

Well, the quinoa lacked chicken. I must not have divided the batch right. And the quinoa tasted funky. It had been in the fridge for a few days so I didn't see a problem.

Instead, I ate my chicken.

After work, on the referral of a co-worker, I went to Loving Hut Vegan. I've bookmarked it on yelp for a long time and finally went.

I didn't want rice. They gave me rice though changed it out for salad. She didn't close it properly and my sweet and sour divine spilled in the bag and my car.

Okay, onto the food. For $8, it was terrible. There were maybe 5 or 6 little nuggets of soy protein and not very good at that.

I ended up eating Chobani peach during my break but was still hungry.

I stopped by Mother's even though we got out late and the hot bar was closed. I didn't like the looks of their pizza however, my mouth was watering big time.

I grabbed a bag of Love Crunch's aloha blend granola and took a handful to hold me over. I like this one more than carrot cake and definitely better than red berries and dark chocolate.


Since I knew we didn't have food at home, I called Avanti Cafe and ordered a gluten-free pizza with tomato cumin sauce, mozzarella, avocado, and soy nuggets.

I ended up eating there. Each table had two tea lights so it was impossible to take a picture till I packed it in my to-go box.


Fortunately, the pizza was much better. The crust was crumbly like gluten-free food sometimes is.

And my leftovers will be 2 more meals for me!

They also gave me a free snicker doodle that I'll eat later. :)

I'm on vegan kick. Just today though. And cookies this whole week! I'm normally a cake girl, but I keep dreaming of cookies.

Oh and coffee in the morning. I have extra time in the morning when I workout at night, which didn't happen today - I wasn't well nourished and we got out late.

Today I tried Bagelmania's Hawaiian hazelnut coffee. So delicious! I wanted one of their huge bagels with Hawaiian cream cheese (must be coconut and pineapple right?) but I restrained myself. I did just have breakfast.

Check out their cool cup design!


I'm wiped out so I'm glad it's the weekend and I only have to work tomorrow morning.

What's your back-up lunch? Is there a specific place you go or are you like me with bookmarks on your yelp app? I used to eat Subway and Taco Bell's fresco menu when I student taught. Everyday. I lost 10 pounds, but I definitely wasn't healthy. I was just too preoccupied.
Do you have a limit for the amount you spend on a weekday meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment