Saturday, March 24, 2012

Love/hate jeans

Jeans. Sigh. This has always been my measure of thinness. At my lowest, I could barely fit into size 5. My goal initially was a size 9, which was huge. All my friends wore size 1s!

I do not look like this.

Source: nymag.com via Casie on Pinterest




Or even like this.


And not until now, as I'm getting older and talking to older people do I realize that all along there's a discrepancy between juniors and woman sizes. Call me stupid.

Where I am now isn't desirable, but it's given me perspective. A 5 in juniors was teeny. I'm many sizes above that now, but I'm not big compared to anyone I know. I just didn't realize it.

Today is the first time I've worn jeans in over a year. I didn't want to buy any after I gained weight. I also didn't want to accept that my body didn't like being so small. I tugged, I cried.

These jeans are old, saved from my bigger days. They're a little loose in the waist but tighter in the leg - always the problem with jeans.

I never fit into jeans properly anyways - my legs are thicker than my waist and I always want the junior style jeans that rise too low.

But I see this as good. I fit into feeling jeans! I didn't have to buy any, and no, I didn't freak out. I'm proud of myself. All progress has not been lost.

I'm more like this.

2 comments:

  1. Jeans are evil.
    I've been a size 9 since I was 15 or 16. I think was 13 the last time I wore a size 5, and I'm by no means overweight. The biggest size I've been was an 11, but that was for a short time.
    And I have the same problem. Good in the leg/butt, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too loose in the waist. Like c'mon jean companies! We're not ALL rectangles! Get with the program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your recommendation.I want to tell you True Religion Outlet store is also a good choice.

    ReplyDelete