Saturday, March 24, 2012

Getting over tired (LiveFit Day 40)

Today was packed! I survived and have a second burst of energy.

Breakfast first: double fiber English muffin with goat cheese & egg whites on one side, PB & banana on the other

I woke up to meet my friend Sara (not "Sarah" oops) to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific. I tagged along with her and her education class and didn't even need to pay. Woohoo! We got a look at one of the galleries and a behind the scenes look as well.

We had to build a mini fish tank's filtration system and we weren't very good at it. It wasn't just me, the non-science major either.

Leafy sea dragons

I learned a lot about the animals I did see. Though I will admit, I didn't love this science (marine biology?). I guess I'm more fascinated with the universe and the solar system. :)

Afterwards, we explored on our own before heading to Congregation Ale House for lunch. I already ate half of my garlicky shrimp and quinoa, which was an interesting choice for the aquarium. I got several funny comments.



I decided not to take pictures at lunch with new friends. I had a turkey sausage with jalapeno and cheddar in a flatbread with sweet potato fries. I ate one bite of the flatbread and some sweet potato fries. I also ordered a AleSmith Horny Devil on tap. I liked that it was $6, 11% alcohol content, and delicious.


I rushed home to change and headed to work. I was a total cranky pants. I got some coffee eventually and ate the rest of my garlicky shrimp and quinoa, but it was much later when the caffeine hit me. Good thing too since I planned on going to the gym.

I headed to another gym that is actually open 24 hours. Only guys really. The weight room is bigger but dirty. Men don't seem to know how to put weights back. :/

LiveFit Day 40: shoulders. I told myself it was easy since shoulders are my weakest. No cardio either since I OD'd yesterday. Pretty easy and quite convincing.

I don't know how I did it. My night workouts have been more successful as of late, or I'm getting stronger. Check it out! I upped my weights in EVERYTHING!

I loved the rear delt flyes and raises. I felt super strong.

Even though I said no cardio, I decided to run. I'm still trying to run more than 10-15 minutes at a time, but I get so bored. I was running next to a girl and decided we were racing, which was inevitable since the treadmills face a mirror. My reflection kept me engaged for 10 minutes until my phone flew off the treadmill. It's okay though!

The other girl was definitely running faster, but I increased my mph to 6.5 mph rather than my measly 6 mph. It wasn't a big difference but put me at 9:25/mile. Next cardio session will be an attempt to run 3 miles at 6.5 mph since ya know, The Color Run is coming up.

Getting over tired is the best thing.

P.S. My thumb feels stiff. I hurt it yesterday in abs class as I was going to sit down... and landed on my thumb. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment