Sunday, March 11, 2012

Slept late, woke up even later

I slept late last night, thinking of 24 books to read this year. I've read two this year and we are well into March already. :/
  1. The Hunger Games
  2. Catching Fire
  3. Mockingjay
  4. American on Purpose
  5. The Paris Wife
  6. The Year of Living Biblically
  7. A Bill Bryson book
  8. Another Bill Bryson book
  9. The Sex Lives of Cannibals
  10. Collapse
  11. Their Eyes Were Watching God
  12. Devil in the White City
I gave up on Belong to Me. I renewed that book 3 times, and it wasn't happening... Strange since I finished her first book much quicker (Love Walked In). Aren't you glad you won't have to hear about that one any longer?

So tomorrow afternoon will include a trip to the library!

Today was weird. After yesterday's nap, I couldn't sleep and thus, woke up late. With the time change, I ended up sleeping in till 10:15. I got a text from my co-worker asking me to come into work at 11. I got up and decided to go in at 11:30, 30 minutes earlier than my shift.

I needed a Red Bull. I haven't had one in years, but the Red Bull girls came by and gave them to us:


I kicked butt. I did most (50%+) of the store's business. It would have been more, but my least favorite supervisor totally took a $200-$300 sale when I had to go on break. Whatever. I was done.

After work, I headed directly to my co-worker/friend Sara's house to ride bikes. We had fun for a couple of hours including an hour of biking before I went home. She fed me some strawberries.

I got home, starving, and ate boiled shrimp with lettuce and leftover brown rice from my lunch (leftover arroz con pollo).

I just had 1/2 cup of Fage 0% and 2 scoops of protein powder because I only recently realized it got late.

What was I doing? I was in the kitchen baking!

I made Joy the Baker's Mommom's Chocolate Bourbon-Spiked Banana Bread again after telling my co-worker about it. This is all for her.


And per the request of my cousin, and since I was in the kitchen already, I made Joy's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies. Perfect since I got a 99 cent deal on pretzels yesterday.




That's the least I could do since my cousin made me shrimp for lunch, which I'll reveal tomorrow.

It's late again so time for me to put in a movie and hit the hay.

Any book suggestions?
Do you have any good pretzel recipes?
What's your favorite way to eat pretzels?

No comments:

Post a Comment