Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Positivity and WIAW (LiveFit Day 25)



Sometimes negativity brings about improvement. I've been using 45 pounds with my walking lunges because it's hard to lift a heavier barbell over my head. I can somewhat lift 55 pounds so I gave it a go. I got it over and easily did lunges but definitely had trouble putting it back.

I tried to go up with my standing calf raise, but realized that the extra 25 pounds on either side was too heavy to carry. :/

I also jumped on the seated squat press next to the guy who grunts, and pretty much showed him up. :) I did 270 and he was doing 180. What up! And same thing to the woman at work who doubted my "fit"ness.

I took my cousin for frozen yogurt.


String cheese snack


Dinner: same as lunch - chicken and onions with spinach


Favorite dessert: PB & banana in a high fiber, low carb tortilla


I had to bake since it's the last day I will be really able to. I chose Joy the Baker's chocolate peanut butter ball cookies because I had everything necessary for it.

I put the batter in a mini cupcake pan because it was runny. It had the wonderful crackle effect like in Joy's book. I've never been able to do achieve that look so I was super excited! Then I put the peanut butter balls on top. Well, it ended up being more of a frosting then a ball. Still good though.


I also had a half can of pumpkin left so I quickly made Hungry Girl's perfect pumpkin bread to share with my kiddos. They really liked the banana bread I made so I chose another bread for easy sharing.


I had one of each. Yum yum.

Another great thing that happened today: I finally bought Wild Squirrel nut butters via OpenSky! I wanted to try it but was turned off by the shipping. Kath had it up, and I was lucky to stumble upon a 1 hour free shipping window! From my last experience, in which I bought Kath's Great Harvest C-Ville Crunch granola, the package will take quite a bit of time.

Last night's feature film, "Jack and Jill," was pretty funny. I didn't quite enjoy the storyline, but the little bits made me laugh-out-loud.

3 comments:

  1. Pumpkin bread and looks so... good.
    I've tried making a grilled peanut butter banana sandwich in the past and I really didn't like the gooey-ness of the banana. I definitely need to try again in a tortilla wrap like yours!

    Probably a stupid question, but why won't you be able to bake for awhile? I would DIE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made the pumpkin bread before and it's fantastic.

      Wrapping it in a tortilla keeps the banana in one piece. Try it!

      And I'm in transition where I live so I don't have all my tools - they're all in storage! :/

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the weights! I love when I can show up the people that think they are so "fit" and that I am not. Keep up the great work. I never thought to do the tortilla wrap thing. Cool suggestion.

    ReplyDelete