Friday, March 23, 2012

Extracise (LiveFit Day 39)

Yesterday I skipped my workout, today I skipped my AM job. For the first time ever. I love my morning job, but I wasn't feeling well after so many days of work. I need more sleep, clearly... even after my nap yesterday.

I woke up at 7AM to eat my oatmeal in a jar (stove-top oats with 1/2 banana and chia seeds for fluff) and 2 egg whites.


I intended to go to work. Then I got to the gym and wanted to take my time. I called in sick. On a Friday. How suspicious.

I didn't want to go through the motions. Workouts are the same for two weeks and by week 2, I'm bored. I was really excited today though cause look at all that green! I upped my weights!
  • Since Gold's didn't have 5 pound increments, I realized last week that I could curl 30s sometimes. I've worked up to easily curl 25s. I knew I could so no biggie. :)
  • The skullcrushers were a surprise. I struggled a little but not too badly.
  • Overhead cable curls went a lot better than last week! I felt the exercise working.
I biked 7 minutes to warm up before embarking on my workout then ran a sweaty 15 minutes. I enjoyed the run; I didn't even need music just some people watching.

I did 5 minutes on the elliptical before lining up for TurboKick. Yes, there's a line and it's ridiculous, but I wanted to go since I didn't go last week and won't go tomorrow. Sweaty, of course. Lots of Turbos, lots of tuck jumps.

I stayed for abs class to get in my ab work. I knew we'd do air bikes and jackknifes and something similar to a hanging leg raise so this class fit in the ab portion of the workout.

I showered and ate tilapia with quinoa, inspired by shutterbean. It was my first time using quinoa. I bought Trader Joe's tricolor quinoa and cooked 1/4 cup with 1/2 cup water. I squeezed in some lemon, salt and pepper, and then added some crumbles of honey goat cheese. The tilapia was poached and the peppers and onions were stir-fry. Lots of steps for this one.

Worth it though. I finally got a hot meal for lunch (microwaved) - usually my lunch and dinners are cold because I'm at work. So so good. I can't wait to make more with quinoa, like oatmealy quinoa.

I also chilled with this kid while I typed.


And now I have some spare time for reading a nap.

Do you take days off when you're not sick? And work when you're sick? I definitely do because I like to utilize my off days.
When's the last time you took a day off just cause you felt like it? I took lots of mental health days last year. Every time I accumulated days, I would take them off. I just didn't like my job. At this current job, this is my first day off since I started in September! Clearly, I like this job a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment