Wednesday, March 28, 2012

2 days in 1 and WIAW (LiveFit Days 44 & 45)



Not a lot of pictures of food unfortunately, but I'll give it a shot again next week.

I've been having to double post lately.

I drove behind this Ron Paul supporter. I have no clue who is running for President. I've been keeping up with international news though.


I slept in yesterday and went to the gym after work. I went with my friend Sara for legs (LiveFit Day 44).

Legs have been somewhat of a failure lately. The workouts aren't as crippling as they had been yet I can't increase my weights either. :/
  • Narrow stance squats: 45#s
  • Narrow stance leg press: 195#s
  • Barbell step ups: 35#s
  • Walking double barbell lunge: 45#s then 8#s "serving" xs 2
  • Single leg barbell squat: 35#s
  • Seated calf raise: 190#s, 210#s
  • Standing calf raise: 80#s
No increases. Oh well.

Sara and I headed downtown for Surf City Nights. I've always wanted to go and finally had a Tuesday off to do so. We perused the farmer's market and ended up at Fred's Mexican Cafe for tacos and a skinny 'rita, which we shared. The tacos were delicious! I chose grilled cod and chicken tacos on flour tortillas. Sara and I eat the same too - we ate only about half of each taco's tortilla.
I wanted to sleep in today too, but I promised myself yoga once a week.

The practice was tough. I totally felt the leg workout from yesterday. My balance is terrible now. :(

Oatmeal for breakfast but no banana to taste. :/


After reading PB Fingers' post on pledging to eat more veggies, I realized I've been slacking off! To make up for it, I stopped by Mother's Market for a small 8 ounce green juice.

Lunch has been the same this week: buffalo chicken mac and cheese quinoa. Soooo good and hearty. I used a jalapeno jack almond cheese so it's not so much orange.


I asked my co-worker and yoga instructor friend to help me do chaturangas properly. More sucking in my core. Let's just say that's really hard.

Dinner was a double fiber English muffin with turkey slices and goat cheese and a 2% strawberry-banana Chobani.

After work I headed to the gym for LiveFit Day 45. I have to admit, I love weights but cardio is no fun. Running is okay though. Maybe it's because it's still new to me. I still can't run for 30 minutes without getting bored so I hopped on the elliptical and watched "Modern Family." Love that show - I mean, Al Bundy is on it!



Some successes:
  • Barbell bench press up to 50# from 40#
  • Incline dumbbell press up to 20# from 17.5#
  • Flat bench flyes up to 15# from 12.5#
  • Better at bench dips!
My note at the bottom: don't go to this gym at night! There are lots of people and it gets hot and gross.
Along with a Shakeology, I spooned Wild Squirrel nut butter. Like, I went to TOWN. I find that I eat the honey pretzel most and not because I particularly love it but because there are crunchy pretzel pieces.


I'm totally sleeping in tomorrow... :)

3 comments:

  1. Wowza! I saw that buffalo quinoa deliciousness and I'm dying to make it for my belly. So glad it came out well. Also, super jealous of your goat cheese English muffin. It sounds divine. That peanut butter doesn't sound half bad either. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try yoga, but the class times don't fit into my schedule! Have you ever tried yoga videos? Are they any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the David Farmar podcasts. They're free and I listen to his voice more than try to emulate anyone else.

      Delete