Saturday, March 17, 2012

The storm before the calm (LiveFit Day 34)

My family and I just sat down to dinner, beef over a hot pot, and drank Wilson's Creek almond champagne. My co-worker suggested the champagne months ago and I finally gave in today in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. I brought the bottle home and my aunts and uncles dove in.

I ate lots of thinly sliced beef after my primary meal of yogurt-marinated chicken over kale.


Today was such a relaxed day with no work. I was groggy though.

I woke an hour later and made a delicious egg white breakfast burrito inspired by Oh She Glows.


Then I headed to the gym. Look who printed out her workouts! Last workout of the first week of Phase 2: legs again.


Today was tough. My legs are still in pain from a few days ago! Sheesh. I got annoyed at the amount of self-loading machines and all the kneeling and lying leg curls were not sized for my shortness... and could not be adjusted. :( I ended up skipping it.

Afterwards, I held myself over with a protein shake and a snack from my Foodie Penpal package - thanks again Kristin (you rock)!

Rainy days call for a library run. I got so many books, some un-pictured...


And rushed home to find "Christmas in Boston," starring Marla Sokoloff. Love her!


(source)

What are your plans for rainy weekends? Tomorrow will include painting my nails and studying... or reading. I chose Thomas Friedman's Hot, Flat, and Crowded to start off.

For you, to read:

No comments:

Post a Comment