Monday, March 26, 2012

Trend: Sleeping in (LiveFit Days 41 & 43)

Trend: sleeping in. I worked a full day yesterday but not until noon so I slept in.

I made a bowl of oats on the stove top, mixed in a banana part way through, and added some Wild Squirrel nut butter. Same thing today. With 2 egg whites of course.

I headed to the gym for a quick leg workout (LiveFit Day 41):
  • Seated leg curl: 50#s
  • Leg extension: 90#s
  • Barbell lunge: 55#s
  • Abductor machine: 70#s
  • Lying leg curls: 112.5#s x 20 x 2 then a set at 125#s
  • Abductor machine: 90#s
  • Stiffed-leg deadlift: forgot :(
  • Single leg barbell squat: 35#s
  • Leg press: 170#s to failure then 210#s x 10 x 1
  • Seated calf raise: 210#s
  • Standing calf raise: 70# barbell
I highlighted my increases. The abductor machines were different at 24 Hour Fitness than at Gold's so I decreased my weight significantly. I also had trouble with the leg curl but not the extension.

Afterwards, I ran over to South Coast Plaza and Emmo Home for a new water bottle. I was due for a new one. I'm quite sure you're not supposed to use a Sigg for 3 years...

Kor Vida in white has a wider spout so I can see the water inside.

I stopped by Macy's Signature Kitchen and got a couple of goodies for me and my cousin:

Cat Cora's mini red velvet cupcake was crunchy on top but the rest was dry so I discarded that part.

These cheddar and scallion madeleines were fantastic. They're cornbread in the shape of madeleines.

While prepping some lunch, I ate my dinner of thin-sliced beef steak and must've eaten it too fast and a little raw cause I felt bloated all night. Gah.

I woke up still feeling full but resumed my day. I started my sleep-full morning by making chocolate chip rice crispy treat. Everyone (kids and cousins) enjoyed them.

I prepped this buffalo chicken quinoa mac and cheese last night with jalapeno almond cheese.

When I got home from work, my cousin met me at the door wanting to go to Kabuki for their happy hour. Perfect since I needed some food before my workout later.

My little cousin came along too and we both got the Alaskan roll - salmon on top of a California roll. I chose brown rice at no extra charge.

I had some time to digest before I headed to the gym. First, weights for LiveFit Day 43 (I took an impromptu day off in the middle of last week so just continued working out).
  • Narrow pushups: knees
  • Seated tricep press: 20#s x 8 x 2, 22.5#s x 8 x 2
  • Cable one arm tricep extension: 12.5#s
  • One-arm reverse grip tricep pushdowm: 12.5#s
  • Skullcrushers: 30#s
  • Close-grip barbell bench press: 30#s
  • Incline dumbbell curl: 15#s, 10#s x 8 x 3
  • Dumbbell alternate bicep curls: 15#s
  • Barbell 21's: 30#s
  • Stability ball crunch: bodyweight
  • Jackknife sit-up holding stability ball: bodyweight
  • Stability ball reverse crunches: bodyweight
And for cardio: 10 mins biking while waiting for TurboKick. I was wiped out. I've only been able to make it through 40 minutes of class before I die. I almost died with the 21s too; I barely made it.

I felt everything in the proper place, which is such a big deal because this wasn't always the case.

I switched shifts tomorrow so I get the night off and I'm definitely sleeping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment