Monday, August 8, 2011

Tightening the belt: budgeting & meal plan Monday

Since I'm jobless right now, yet looking for work, I'll have to start tightening my belt. Hopefully, this will work literally also.

My plan is to take out a predetermined amount every week in cash and only use that for food and gas. Since I can get some nutrition from food my family buys, this should work out.

I'll need to cut out unnecessary traveling, food, and coffee. When I'm bored, I'll go out for coffee especially since Kean Coffee is so good. I had half of the grasshopper this morning. :/ Eek, which is why I decided to put myself on a budget. I spend a great deal everyday on replenishing my food supply.

Mon, Aug 8
8AM breakfast - 1/2 c. Voskos yogurt sprinkled with 1/2 c. Fiber One
11AM snack - almonds
1PM lunch - 1/2 c. egg whites, lamb's lettuce, blueberry & vanilla goat cheese, spicy brown mustard... all in a fiber tortilla

This meal was ridiculously large and filling!


I tried to eat it like a wrap...

... but ended up having to break out the knife and fork!

snack - 1/2 banana with 1 tbsp The Bee's Knees PB
7PM dinner - 1/2 c. yogurt, 1/2 c. Fiber One, blueberries
workouts - 15 mins bike, TurboKick, barre fusion, 30 min walk

Tues, Aug 9
breakfast - Chobani Lemon
snack - N/A
lunch - 1/2 c. egg whites, goat cheese, on cinnamon raisin bread
snack - Protein powder
dinner - White bass
snack - Fiber One
workouts - cardio sculpt fusion, 20 mins stair climber, BodyPump, hip hop

Wed, Aug 10
breakfast - Overnight oats
snack - 1/2 apple
lunch - 1/2 c. egg whites, lamb's lettuce, blueberry & vanilla goat cheese, spicy brown mustard... all in a fiber tortilla
snack - Shakeology
dinner - Tera's Whey Pomegranate Goat powder
workouts - CBEST, TurboKick, BodyPump

Thurs, Aug 11
breakfast - Shakeology
snack -
lunch - Egg whites
snack - 1/2 c. Brown Cow Greek yogurt
dinner - White bass
workouts - Skinny Girl Pilates, Zumba

Friday, Aug 12
breakfast - Shakeology
snack -
lunch - White bass
snack -
dinner - 1/2 c. Brown Cow Greek yogurt, 1/2 c. Fiber One
workouts - 24SET, TurboKick, Amp'd Abs

Sat, Aug 13
breakfast - Shakeology
snack -
lunch - White bass
snack -
dinner - 1/2 c. Brown Cow Greek yogurt, 1/2 c. Fiber One
workouts - yoga sculpt fusion, boot camp

Sun, Aug 14
breakfast - Shakeology
snack -
lunch - White bass
snack -
dinner - 1/2 c. Brown Cow Greek yogurt, 1/2 c. Fiber One
workouts - Zumba, BodyPump

I'm super excited thanks to Kath because I just read about how she became a registered dietician. Why had I never discovered this on the sidebar??! She was previously a history major too.

I also read PB Fingers about finding a job and her previous jobs.

Both gave me confidence about job searching and eventually finding something. And it's okay if it isn't my dream job (even if it's not my preferred job for the time being either).

No comments:

Post a Comment