Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oh the places I'll go!

My car is here! Oh the adventures we'll have! It only took a few days. I was so shocked when I got the call though a bit sad because I was about to go to BodyPump class. At least I got to finish 30 minutes on the bike. I wouldn't have made it had I stayed the hour.

My day started out fantastically. Lately, I've been falling asleep every time I sit down and worse, I don't feel good when I wake up. But today, I woke up at 6:45AM with the sun shining and thought my clock must be wrong. I felt refreshed and didn't have to be up till later.

I headed to Pilates Fusion and it felt good to stretch out and work my muscles. The first few minutes hurt good and got me ready for the rest of class.

I stopped by Trader Joe's to get some veggies.

I chose mache, or lamb's lettuce.


(image from Melanie Cooks)

I love frozen veggies too so I went by and grabbed grilled eggplant and zucchini melange.


(image from My Tasty Journey)

Finally, I had to restock on goat cheese.


I love farmer's market goat cheeses, but TJ's keeps better.

I didn't use everything but made a dish of Miracle Noodles with salmon and the eggplant-zucchini mix. Yum. I ate it all and was full until... my aunt came home with a taro bun from 85 Degrees. I ate a couple of bites.

Instead of falling asleep, I went to Camelot Books, a used book store stuffed to the ceilings. They have so many books that a lot of them are still sitting in boxes. They have a big section of romance novels and a gigantic (2 rows of extreme shelving) section of history books. I was ashamed of myself. Here I was with my history degree and I haven't really read any history books in a long long time. :/

So I headed to the library. I came home with a few books in addition to the ones I'm already reading.

Fun books:



(image from Sweet Potato Queens)

Self-help(?) to compliment Wendy Shanker's Are You My Guru?

(image from goodreads)

Food reads:

(image from Simply Recipes)

Necessary:

(image from Open Library)

I went to prep for BodyPump by hitting the upright bike. My knee hurt the night before so I went for the bike tonight. Right as I got on, I got a call. My car is here! Well, an hour away. I fit in 30 sweaty minutes then headed home to wait for my car.

While I waited, I ate dinner I picked up from Huntington Beach Farmer's Market, a new store that sells local fare as well as European food. I got a chicken shawarma with hummus and Mediterranean salad (tomatoes, cukes, other stuff). I ate about 1/3 of the chicken in a fiber tortilla and ate the salad.


I asked to skip the pita and rice.

After moving things from my car, I went to see my cousin Chris who just got back from New York. I wanted my souvenir.


What is it?!


Jacques Torres chocolates! Thanks Chris! I'm savoring these.


To end my night: a stop by Yogurtland for taro. Everyone gets tons while I get a squirt of taro and strawberry and some fruity toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment