Monday, August 1, 2011

The Donuttery: cute name, amazing customer service, yummy donuts

Instead of a nighttime session, I got to take the car so where did I go: The Donuttery. I lived so close to this place growing up... as it in would've taken me 2 minutes to get there and I didn't have to cross the street! I never went though because I wasn't a fan of donuts. Now they're all popular so there I went.

I went in for the popular blueberry donut but heard good things about strawberry donuts also. I was torn and the employee or proprietress cut a strawberry one and gave me a fourth of the donut!

I ordered a blueberry without any glaze (great option to have!) and a strawberry with glaze. I didn't have cash and they require a $5 minimum purchase. Instead of letting me leave and come back, which I fully intended to do, she told me to just pay when I come back... next time not even today.


(image from Yelp)

I ate the donuts and was driving so didn't get a picture. They were both delicious though I definitely preferred the strawberry, which apparently has banana too. It's possible since it was super moist.


(image from Yelp)

When I did come back an hour and a half later, I gave it to a man and he said the same thing: I didn't need to bring money today.

Wow. Either donuts are cheap or they're trying to really build a following - I think both. Either way, it works.

Then Trader Joe's for Powerberries. So good and just enough chocolate!


And Mother's Market for a green juice for later to counter my donut. :/

My little cousin Catherine loves dogs and picked out "Chihuahua: The Movie," which I just watched. Eh, not terrible, but I like really bad movies.


(image from redbox)

I rented "Sucker Punch." I'm going to fall asleep to it no doubt.


(image from boomtron)

Is it bad that I want to watch these two movies? Like pretty badly too.

Come on! It's Russell Brand... and Jennifer Garner?!

(image from Film O Filia)

I've missed my random black movies. Yeah, I said it. Plus, you've got Paula Patton, Meagan Good, Lil Romeo, Pooch Hall, AND Gary Dourdan, Warrick from "CSI."

(image from The Light NC)

No comments:

Post a Comment