Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cooking for 3

Finally doing something on a Sunday.

I woke up early to bike to the gym. It only takes between 5-10 minutes, but hey, I haven't driven my car in a whole day! :)

When I got there, I hit the elliptical for 15 minutes while listening to Jillian and then 15 minutes on the upright bike. Was I sweating. The upright bike proved to be easier since I've been riding my bike, but the weather here is so hot that I sweat on cue.

TurboKick was rough again. Some days it's easy, some days it's not. I think it was the 30 minutes of cardio prior to class.

I leisurely rode my bike back to mom's and saw mom and my aunt leaving so I met them at the market.

We got strawberries, which we snacked on and used for our dinner. This recipe is inspired by Fit Chef Katy. Who is she? I had no idea until I sat for an hour watching her demo at O.C. Foodie Fest. She was on the latest season of "Food Network Star" and demoed a couple of salads.

The salad: strawberries, almonds, chicken marinated in Trader Ming's Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette, and spinach. I added some goat cheese for myself, but my cousin isn't into it.


(image from Fit this, girl!)

Katy used blackberries and cashews, but this is what we had on hand/what was on sale.


Good tips from Katy: Put the add-ons in the bottom and top so it distributes evenly. Also, be gentle with the spinach. Thank goodness we had tongs!

I insisted my cousin pack a lunch for his first day back to school tomorrow. He's in college, but he said he felt like he was in grade school. We never packed our lunches even then.

We packed a Chobani 2% pineapple yogurt (160 kcals) and a banana (105 kcals) for breakfast.

For lunch, a sandwich:

  • 1.5 slices of Swiss cheese (~110 kcals)
  • Tons of spinach
I'm making dinner for him tomorrow with the marinade he put together tonight.

Off to bed so I can wake up to Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment