Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fro-yo love... and green juice too

When the whole fro-yo craze came about, I was not here and only now is the rest of the world catching up. Sure, you have Golden Spoon, which is perfectly good, but I'm talking about fantastic and unique fro-yo flavors starting with plain tart. It's an agreeable flavor, but my favorites are from Yogurtland: pistachio and toasted coconut. So after cardio sculpt fusion (TurboKick and weights) and lunch... and a nap, I convinced my cousin to go with me for coffee from Milk + Honey. I got their yerba mate latte and had half. My cousin got a delicious peach iced tea with mango jelly.

Lunch: salmon, shirataki noodles, veggies

Then yogurt. Mmm. I need to cut myself off though. This is the THIRD day in a row I've eaten yogurt. Today I got my favorites with toppings. If I were healthy, I would get fruit, but I love me some cheesecake, cookie dough, and mochi bites. Eek. :/

Okay, time to get my green juice on. I stopped by Trader Joe's after my first workout of the day and bought cucumbers, celery, and bananas. My green juice was inspired by M.C. Barao's mean green juice:
  • 1 c. spinach (she used kale)
  • 1/2 cuke
  • 3 stalks celery
  • 3/4 cup applesauce (I have a lot left so had to use it!)
  • water

It wasn't huge because I didn't want to be completely full. I had a good time listening to Jillian Michaels' podcast on protein while on the stair climber for 20 minutes, but I about died in BodyPump. Everything just seemed harder to handle today - my face looked a little purplish red. :( I got a good workout though.

I'm writing this with "MasterChef" on the telly. I'm super nervous. I consoled myself with a Nuttzo butter and Crofter's SuperFruit jam on a tortilla. For dessert, 1/2 cup Dannon Oikos plain with a dab of mango butter (consumed it all) and my nightly bourbon vanilla protein powder, which by the way is still amazing delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment