Tuesday, July 31, 2012

WIAW: Summer Staples


I'm 2 weeks into the 4 weeks of working at the Fair and already getting a little sad about it.

In a few weeks, I will be back at work. Not that I don't like work, but summer has been so much fun this year: I went to Austin, Texas for the first time, went hiking multiple times, and oh yeah, worked this cool job.

I also made some food discoveries this summer. I'm no longer eating Frankenfood. I didn't eat a lot of it to begin with, but I'm ditching frozen yogurts, the idea of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, and fake sugars even if I only add it to coffee, something else I drink very rarely. I'm also not shying away from real sugar and other real food.

I adopted Tone It Up protein pancakes made with Sunwarrior raw protein and bombshell spell, a pineapple juice-based metabolizing drink. Natural sugar.

Today's grocery list was short because I already have the bases for my meals. Xantham gum may not be as natural, or it doesn't sound like it.

What I really ended up buying...

Strawberry fruit spread for protein pancakes and peanut butter & jelly protein bars, a thinkThin bar because I had a coupon (caramel fudge), protein/spicy jalapeno chicken sausage, amaranth even though I have little idea of what to do with it, & the cheapest wine ever: $1.99 Charles Shaw shiraz to make sangria

Cottage cheese, Sprinkelz, and Dr. Oetker organic vanilla pudding mix - it's higher in fat but has a less weird ingredient list - for a Dashing Dish's cake batter protein shake.

I had stevia but didn't put it in, but I added sprinkles. At $1.99, the Sprinkelz are more expensive, however, I figured I liked having sprinkles for photos. :) Just wish it was more colorful.

I brought lentils to eat at work, but since we had a floorset, my manager got us pizza from Z Pizza. This is the slice of an XL Provence pizza with artichokes. I love pizza!

For dessert, my blended failed and couldn't whip up cottage cheese for whipped cottage cheese. I just ate the cottage cheese with some strawberry fruit spread.

Recent staples:
If I get into a bind and I'm hungry, I'll eat Fage with some mix-in.

I actually went home at a decent hour. 

Tomorrow is another work day, but I get off early and then got my other shift covered. I didn't need both though I do want to go to TurboKick tomorrow so it's happening!

Also on the agenda for tomorrow: return library book, find new Chobani Chocolate Chunk, and buy some real ice cream.

Have you tried Chobani Chocolate Chunk?
What do you eat when your tummy is grumbling at night?

9 comments:

  1. Happy WIAW! Your pizza looks great. We love Z Pizza, we alway order the Berkeley Vegan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to try that but never buy a full pizza especially if it's vegan - no one else will eat it!

      Delete
  2. I love that pancake recipe! I make it at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you add chocolate to your staples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm out right now so I'm totally bummed.

      Delete
  4. Yay for sprinkles! :D They make everything look so colorful and bright so it's much more fun to eat,in my eyes. :)
    And yeah,whole eggs are SO much better than egg whites! Heck,if I only eat egg whites,I always ask myself "Where is the taste...?!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah whole eggs are better tasting AND better for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a yummy breakfast! :) I love pancakes.. my fave! Haha, I always end up buying more than whats on my shopping list.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greek Yogurt is one of the biggest staples. I always have a few containers. Right now I am loving Chobani's Choc. Vanilla Chunk :)

    ReplyDelete