Monday, July 23, 2012

Performance > aesthetics & Meal Plan Monday

One of my favorite quotes ever is from Ashley Borden. On Twitter.


I ended up going to Ra Strength, a heated yoga class with weights. Now that's powerful. I planned on going to TurboKick but didn't want to disappoint myself with a bad performance with a back-to-back workout. The old me would've done it, the new me knows better.

After class, a woman complimented me on how I was rocking the class. She asked me if I'd done it long - oh, just 4 or so classes. :)

This isn't the first time, I love it, and I need to tell others how well they are doing. It feels so good.

When I went hiking with my friend Peter, he wasn't shocked that I was ahead of him the whole time. According to him, I'm more athletic. Thanks dude.

I used to get compliments in BodyPump for my lunges, my bounciness in Zumba, and even barre.

I know, you don't want to hear it, but it's a great boost for my ego when I feel down in the dumps and my body doesn't look as it could do such amazing things. Well, it does.

Ashley Borden's quote reminds me that I'm so much happier when I focus on my performance rather than the "aesthetics."

If nothing else in life, I work hard and that is enough.

Okay, since I had time today, I wrote Meal Plan Monday for y'all. Okay, for me. :) I did a little digging to understand the Tone It Up meal plans - 5 meals based off macronutrients.

Grocery haul quickie... I forgot the coconut water.

Monday, that was today
  • M1 chia waffle + 1 whole egg + 1 egg white
  • M2 green juice
  • M3 caprese salad + chicken
  • M4 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • M5 dark chocolate + peanut butter
  • workout  Ra Strength, Tone It Up videos
  • work none
Tuesday, July 24
Wednesday, July 25
Thursday, July 26
Friday, July 27
Saturday, July 28
Sunday, July 29
What are you eating this week?
What's a quote you found recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment