Tuesday, July 3, 2012

WIAW: work is my workout

I never/rarely use work as an excuse to skip my workouts. Unless that is I work till 9:45 last night, get home at 10:15, wake up at 7:30, and go to work for 8 more hours. I rarely work back-to-back shifts where I'm moving things. My usual morning job involves standing but talking to/at kids.

Last night, we had a floor set in which I un-packaged and folded or hung clothes. Today, I ironed clothes, washed dishes, and put in plexiglass shelves into dusty, splintered wood cabinets. My hands look like death.

Because I got home late last night, I didn't have a chance to pack my meals so I was up early trying to get it all done. I made 1 egg + 1 egg white with plain oatmeal for breakfast, 1/2 PB & banana sandwich for snack, salad with Trader Joe's masala burger & Laughing Cow strawberries & creme for lunch, and 1/2 of this banana frozen yogurt with PB sauce from Sweet Chills for dessert.


After work, I headed straight to Mother's for a green juice since I knew I'd be skipping my workout. I supplemented it with orange-y soy chicken and a Fuji apple.

While I was out, I bought a new bar of chocolate at Whole Foods for $5. Surprisingly, the Fearless Chocolate 70% Matcha Green Tea & Peppermynt is cheaper there.


 

The stats are pretty fantastic: only 120 calories for half the bar! The chocolate is made from raw cacao and organic everything.

Someone bit my chocolate... not.


As for the taste, it's silkier than expected with a bitter after bite. I tasted the peppermint first then the bitterness before the matcha.

And here's a worm?!

I also bought another bar last week and have been working on it for awhile, Theo 85% Dark Chocolate. The flavor is bitter, smoky, and straightforward. While it's not silky, it's smooth. It feels pure.


Now it's time to relax as I wait for "Love in the Wild" then bedtime.

My membership to 24 Hour Fitness is finished for the year. I've switched over to Gold's Gym though I'll miss the classes. I can still do my favorite workout: the Spartacus workout.


I'm also starting Ra Yoga and just bought a deal for Studio Fusion. Both are some of my favorite studios here in Orange County. Ra offers ton of yoga, all the time while Studio Fusion has barre and the best Zumba I've experienced here thus far.

7 comments:

  1. why did you only get half of the banana frozen yoghurt? You are too good, it makes me feel guilty hahaha!

    all the best from Austria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga is AWESOME,I'm so jealous of those studios you have in Orange County!
    Plus,that chocolate sounds amaziiiing... Even if there's a worm in it,haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy WIAW! I belong to Gold's Gym too. I really like the yoga classes at my gym but I am not in love with any of the cardio classes they offer. I often drive by Ra Yoga and I have looked them up on the internet before. Someday i will have the time to try one of their classes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never seen matcha paired with peppermint before but i'm intrigued! i'm skeptical of the balance between the earthy flavor and the bright mint ... but i think i'll take your word for it and give it a try if i see this bar! :) i'm so easily convinced! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuuummm! The PB sauce looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete