Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Indian, or something like it + Pinteresting Wednesday

Breakfast was an aesthetic fail but still good. My Sunwarrior protein made it a bit grainier.

TIU pancake + bombshell spell, which needs ice to make it look more substantial.

Today's highlight: the great moment when my undies are loose. See, I buy smalls or mediums and I've got a lot more booty than boobs. I didn't try them on of course and they were snug, giving me some semblance of a muffin top. :( Well, not anymore! Maybe there is progress being made and in my favorite part of my body!

I went to Hot Ra 1 again. Unlike last week, the class was PACKED! I did okay, enough to make me feel successful.

I immediately came home because I had so much to do and prep before work. I was hungry already so made coconutty sweet potatoes again and drank coconut water.

I made lunch and dinner, Indian-style. I had no idea what to do with lentils after a long night of searching...

I started with dinner by boiling water and tossing in a pack of TJ's steamed lentils. I let it cool while I cooked a roma tomato, some frozen corn and peas, and onions. I added 1 cup of vegetable stock before mixing in half the bag of lentils and spices. Dal? Or something that actually resembles it and tastes good too.

*The other half of the bag will be reserved for any recipes you can offer!

Since I had my curry powder out, I decided to make my own version of curried tuna salad: 1 can tuna with 1/2 apple, 1/2 onion, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, handful of cranberries & walnuts, curry powder, and salt and pepper.

Finally a shower and tuna lunch then some nail painting and reading. I'm still reading Middlesex and though I just read another Ann Brashares book, this series of hers is my favorite!

I need to unplug for a while, and by that I mean, while I'm away at work and sleeping tonight.
And let my new obsession with the cuteness of the Tone It Up girls continue...
Source: toneitup.com via Julie on Pinterest




And a few non-TIU girls pins...

Rashida Jones
Source: tumblr.com via Julie on Pinterest

Looks small but love everything about it!

I do this... :/
Source: ffffound.com via Julie on Pinterest

They sell these at work. We can all easily make our own.


How do you eat lentils and tuna?
What book series are you completely into and wish it didn't end?
Share any of your favorite pins as of late!

7 comments:

  1. I normally have tuna in my salads, or make a tuna salad sandwich. Lentils are usually just cooked with a little onion and seasoning until tender or in soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like lentils baked into a loaf or stirred into a stew. Too hot for that right now, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that but the loaf looks more complicated than I was willing to make it. It's a bit chilly here at night so I like the lentils to warm me up. :)

      Delete
  3. I love lentil soup! Amy's makes a good canned one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tuna curry looks wonderful. I'm not really the biggest lentil fan, but I will eat them. I love the TIU girls too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind lentils... I'll let you know how I feel after 3 days of lentils though.

      Delete